Welcome to FISD Professional Development for Digital Storytelling!
We are going to learn how to use iMovie and other Mac tools to create and share stories online. Digital storytelling is a great tool for educators to share what’s happening in their classrooms as well as for students to share their learning.
Digital Storytelling is the modern expression of the ancient art of storytelling. Digital stories derive their power by weaving images, music, narrative and voice together, thereby giving deep dimension and vivid color to characters, situations, experiences, and insights. Tell your story now digitally.
– Leslie Rule, Digital Storytelling Association
- Learn how to use iMovie and other Mac tools to create digital stories for students and teachers.
- Discover ways to incorporate the use of and instruction of iMovie in the classroom to share learning.
- Use devices respectfully
- Actively participate and contribute to learning
- Ask questions and create discussion: http://todaysmeet.com/iMovie
- What is digital Storytelling?
- Why use digital storytelling in education? Article PDF
8:30 Introduction to iMovie
9:45 Hands on iMovie Exploration & Mac Tools Use
- QuickTime Player
10:45 Publishing Using YouTube
1:00-3:00 Digital Storytelling Creation
3:00-3:30 Digital Story Share