This fall in AP Capstone- Seminar, our students are beginning their first research task. The students Below is a list of topics that the AP Seminar students are exploring.
A-day Research Questions
- Are consumers or corporations to blame for increasing obesity?
- How does coffee effect one’s daily life?
- Is ethanol a sustainable resource?
- Should use of alcohol be banned in the US?
- How has diversity in food impacted Indian society?
- How do food deserts impact societies as a whole?
- Does being vegan actually improve everyday life?
- Should society treat anorexia and obesity differently and, if so, how?
- Which diet is the most effective?
B-day Research Questions
- How do societies’ standards and expectations ultiamtely effect the development of eating disorders?
- How does malnutrition differ between 1st and 3rd world countries?
- What can be done to improve the experience of someone with food allergies?
- What are the effects of the increasing fast food industry on western culture?
- Why have eating disorders become more prevalent?
- Should there be increased vegetarianism in the western world?
- How can we solve world hunger?
- What are the effects of society being increasing focused on weight loss?
- How does meat consumption effect society?
- Do methods of food sustainability in the US impact society?
- IN what way does society’s ideal body image effect people’s eating habits?
- How can we improve food insecurity in developing countries?
- How does our society’s eating trends influence and relate to our every day life?
1B Theme and tentative question
- Fast Food: How has the consumption of fast food affected society?
- Processed Meat: What are the implications of eating processed meat, and how should this be addressed?
- FDA: Is the FDA keeping the best interests of American citizens in mind as they pass regulations on food for the country?
- Veganism: What are the advantages and disadvantages of a vegan diet?
- Eating Disorders: What are the key factors of eating disorders that affect our society?
2B Theme and tentative question
- Fast Food: How does the mass production of popular fast food restaurants affect local areas/communities?
- Cocoa production: Does the production of cocoa in Africa have more world-wide benefits than negative affects?
- FDA regulation: Does the FDA compromise human health through its approval of certain products?
- Carcinogens & Food: How have carcinogens in food created issues in the world around them?
- World Hunger: Are governmental institutions doing enough to combat world hunger?