#MSELib Bluebonnet Luncheons

On Friday, February 27, 2015, we had an unusual day of snowfall in Frisco. However, I did not let that stop us having our Bluebonnet Luncheon!

The statewide winner of the Texas Bluebonnet Award this year was The Day The Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt and illustrated by Oliver Jeffers. Since this was one of my favorite books from this year’s list, I was excited to throw a Crayon themed luncheon!

At our luncheon, I put different colors of butcher paper on the tables, with the copies of the winning books and little buckets of crayons as the centerpieces. I had three stations out for the Bluebonnet readers to do: a station to get their picture taken in the Crayon standup that I got from Barnes and Noble, a station to make protest signs on behalf of the crayons, and an art station where the kids to show their creativity by drawing their own discolored creations like Dawson.

I also took some group pics of the kids. Unfortunately as the day went on, more and more students were being picked up by their parents because of complications due to weather.

We watched the video released by the Texas Library Association announcing the winner, and the kids got to eat lunch in the library. It was a fun day and a great way to celebrate our Bluebonnet readers!

#MSELib Bluebonnet Luncheon 2015 Pics

, ,

Subscribe By Email

Get every new post delivered right to your inbox.

This form is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.