February Awesome Authors Writing Challenge

AAWC FebI am soooooo excited about this new RBE Library program! This program is called the Awesome Authors Writing Challenge!

Each month, I will post 2 writing prompts: a writing prompt for Kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade; and a writing prompt for 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade.

Students who chose to participate will pick up the writing challenge entry form for their grade level from the library, respond to the prompt on the entry form, and return the entry form to the library by the end of the month.

At the end of the month, I will review the entries, and choose a winner of the writing challenge for that month from the grade levels with participants.

The winning writing pieces will be recorded by me and placed on the library website in the form of a podcast with a picture of the student!

Tips for the Writing Challenge

Students, be sure that you are pre-writing like what your teacher asks you to do in the classroom. Also, be sure to write a rough draft and revise and edit! You should not write directly on your entry form and turn in a first draft! Your entry form should be the space for your final draft.

Also, remember to use your best hand writing on your entry form and final draft. If I can’t read it, it won’t win. Also, be sure to use good capitalization, punctuation, and spelling!

Grade Level Entry Forms

Kindergarten Entry Form

1st Grade Entry Form

2nd Grade Entry Form

3rd Grade Entry Form

4th Grade Entry Form

5th Grade Entry Form

January Kinder, 1st Grade, & 2nd Grade Writing Prompt

K-2 prompt

January 3rd Grade, 4th Grade & 5th Grade Writing Prompt

3-5 prompt

, , ,

Subscribe By Email

Get every new post delivered right to your inbox.

This form is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.